Thursday October 1, 2020 at 4:00PM to
Thursday October 29, 2020 at 6:00PM
The event is over
This event will be presented in English and French.
This first-ever edition of IVADO Digital October will showcase student-led research in our IVADO community. All month long, digital intelligence will be front and centre, starting with a distinguished panel of experts on October 1 and followed by presentations of multidisciplinary projects by our scholarship recipients.
Call for student entries
Would you like to spotlight your research results as part of IVADO Digital October? Fill out this form by September 15, 2020, if you qualify under one of the following criteria:
- Scholarship recipient in one of our excellence programs or our Des données pour raconter internship scholarship program;
- Student of a professor receiving IVADO funding;
- Student connected to one of our members or academic partners;
- Member of a fundamental or collaborative research team receiving IVADO funding;
- Member of an FRQ-IVADO research chair.
- Learn more about the various research projects conducted by our IVADO scholarship recipients;
- Get a preview of the new IVADO student support and guidance structure for the Fall 2020 semester;
- Provide networking opportunities for students with various research labs.
The IVADO team, in collaboration with the IVADO intersectoral student committee.
Keynote conference (October 1, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
These activities will be taking place online.
Quebec at the forefront: Machine learning and operations research, a winning combination (conference in English)
How did Québec become one of the world leaders in digital intelligence?
This discussion aims to highlight recent distinctions and advances in the fields of machine learning and operational research. The advantages of combining these two disciplines will also be discussed. A historical approach, but also a very concrete one!
- Yoshua Bengio
Professor, Université de Montréal; Scientific Director, Mila and IVADO;
Holder of the Canada Research Chair in Statistical Learning Algorithms
- Emma Frejinger
Professor, Université de Montréal; member of the IVADO Scientific Committee;
Holder of the CN Chair in Optimization of Railway Operations
- Andrea Lodi
Professor, Polytechnique Montréal; co–Scientific Director, IVADO;
Holder of the Canada Excellence Research Chair in Data Science for Real-Time Decision-Making
- Moderated by Nathalie Sanon, Head of the IVADO Training Program
Student project presentations (October 8, 15, 22, and 29, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
These activities will be taking place online, but complementary activities with in-person attendance will be considered if conditions allow.
In the interest of inclusion and multidisciplinary research, student presentations will be sequenced according to the following topic areas. The dates for the topic areas are given for information purposes only, and are subject to change depending on the number of proposals selected.
- Octobre 8
Smart Cities and Societies
- Octobre 15
Health and Digital Intelligence
- Octobre 22
Algorithms of Tomorrow
- Octobre 29
From Earth to the Other Planets